Mr. Joseph has served his country in many capacities. He currently serves as a Director on the Board of LUCELEC and is a member of the Audit and Strategic Planning and Investment Committee.
He is presently a Director of GAR Inc. a former Director of the Windward and Leeward Brewery, Treasurer and Board member of the Caribbean Water and Sewerage Association and was Chair of the Caribbean Basin Water Management Project.
BIOGRAPHY | John Joseph
John Joseph (JJ) holds a BSc (Economics) from the University of the West Indie and a MBA (Corporate Finance) from Fairleigh Dickinson University, New Jersey.
Mr. Joseph has over 34 years in the utilities sector was previously the CEO of the Water and Sewerage Company (WASCO) St. Lucia and the CFO of LUCELEC the St. Luciapower authority. He is currently a consultant and regional associate consultant with Water and Wastewater Solutions Canada, LTD (WWWS).
Among his acomplishments at WASCO Mr Joseph was responsible for:
- Stabilising operations,
- Restoring creditor confidence
- Improving customer service
- Crafting and implementing, with Funding Agencies, a plan for private sector partnership
- Building Institutional capacity
- Securing Emergency Investment Funds
- Maintaining Industrial Relations stability
- Leading efficient recovery post severe hurricane event (Tomas – 2010)
- Implementing organisation restructuring and change management
- Leading a successful application for a review of tariffs (2013)
He worked alongside WWWS CEO, Valerie Jenkinson to write the National PolicyStatement for Water in Antigua and Barbuda, instructs the Financial Viability and Rate and Tariff modules of the Effective Utility Management Certificate Programme and was working with WWWS on a Cost of Service and Rate Analysis in the Caribbean.